This Agreement, and the Supplements referred to apply to all visits by your Pet to Chino Hills Pet Resort (“CHPR”), Chino Hills Animal Hospital (“CHAH”), or to Daycare. Unless specified, the terms of this Agreement cover CHPR, CHAH, and Daycare.
1. Acceptance and Acknowledgement of Risk. You fully understand that while your pet is staying with us, he or she will come into contact with other pets.
Every effort will be made to ensure the safety of our guests but there are inherent risks involved with interactions between humans and dogs, as well as
between dogs and other dogs, which may result in property damage or bodily injury, including but not limited to, sickness or death to human or dog; and
there may be other risks not know to you or CHPR, nor readily foreseeable at this time (collectively, “risks”). You fully accept and assume all risks and
responsibility for all risks, including, without limitation, all losses, costs and damages incurred as a result of your pet’s participation at any daycare or boarding, including any veterinarian expenses incurred on behalf of or caused by your pet. You release Chino Hills Pet Resort, Chino Hills Animal Hospital, and its agents from any liability for such injury.
2. Emergency Contact*. You must provide an adult, over the age of 18, as a contact (“Emergency Contact”) for CHPR if you cannot be reached in the event
of emergency. Your Emergency Contact must be someone other than the Pet Owner(s) and not someone traveling with you or leaving town. If we can not
reach you, you authorize us to contact your Emergency Contact. You agree that your Emergency Contact shall have your full and complete authority to
make any and all decisions, including those related to the health of your Pet and the expenditure of funds, for or on behalf of you and your Pet.
3. Pet Health and Behavior. We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Pet at check-in for any reason, including without limit, if it appears the Pet is sick,
injured, in pain, or that its behavior could jeopardize the health or safety of other Pets or our staff.
- You represent that your Pet has no illness, injury or behavior problem (including aggressive or biting behavior) that has not been disclosed to us.
- We may accept certain older Pets and may administer routine medication for chronic conditions, but we are not equipped to care for aggressive or biting Pets. Medications and supplements need to be brought in the original bottle it was dispensed in, with the drug label on it. We cannot accept hand written labels or medication/supplements in baggies. Medication and oral supplements can be given during your pets stay for an additional charge, per dose, per medication/supplement.
- Acutely sick Pets may be required to board at CHAH.
- If your Pet has been treated for a contagious illness, we will not accept your Pet(s) for at least two (2) weeks after treatment has been completed and a statement of health is obtained from a licensed veterinarian.
- You acknowledge that we may contact appropriate authorities if your Pet bites another Pet or any person.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the unlikely event your Pet becomes ill or injured, or if your Pet has a pre-existing condition which is aggravated by its stay and requires professional attention, we will attempt to notify you or your Emergency Contact at the telephone numbers you provide. If we cannot reach you, CHAH and/or CHPR at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian, and/or administer medicine or give other necessary attention to your Pet, and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. In cases we believe to be critical, we may take your Pet to the veterinarian first before trying to contact you. If you refuse medical treatment for your Pet, CHAH and/or CHPR, at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine to make your Pet as comfortable as possible until picked up, and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. If we cannot reach you, we will make healthcare decisions for your Pet based on the recommendation of available professionals.
- In the unfortunate event that your pet passes away while in our care, we will hold your pet until you or your Emergency Contact are able to pick up your pet; or if you wish, at your expense, we will arrange to have your pet cremated.
All Pets must:
- Be current on Bordetella, DA2PP, and Rabies vaccinations;
- Be at least 4 months old;
- Be spayed or neutered if over 7 months old (only required for Daycare);
- Be in general good health and free of fleas and ticks. If identified, we may provide the appropriate flea or tick removal treatment, and you authorize us to provide such service at your additional expense;
- Be leashed or in a carrier when entering and exiting CHPR and/or CHAH;
- Be non-aggressive towards other dogs and people (only required for Daycare);
- Not be protective of toys (only required for Daycare);
- Complete a socialization interview to CHPR’s satisfaction in its sole discretion (only required for Daycare);
- Meet all municipal and state licensure and other requirements; and
- Have a quick release collar containing an identification tag with the Pet’s name and owner’s current contact information.
4. Photo and Video Release. Pet’s at Daycare and/or Boarding at CHPR may be viewed on our website. Log onto www.chinohillspetresort.com and click on Webcams. By using the services offered by CHPR, you agree to allow CHPR and/or CHAH to use any image or video of me, my Pet’s, and my property with or without my name or my Pet’s name, for any lawful purpose, including such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, trade, promotional material, and web content. This provision is binding on you, and all of your successors, heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
5. Personal items. Do not bring items with your Pet that are valuable or irreplaceable. CHPR is not responsible for loss, stolen or damaged personal items
belonging to either you or your Pet’s.
6. Food. Pet’s will be fed in accordance with the instructions provided by you at check-in. All dry food must be pre-portioned in individual Ziploc bags. Food that is not bagged will be separated and charged to the owner. If food is not provided, we offer gourmet meals and feed in accordance to manufacturer’s recommendation based on Pet’s weight.
7. Payment for Services. You agree to pay us for the Services we provide to your Pet during each visit at the rates set forth at the start of such visit
(collectively the “Charges”). Prices are subject to change without notice and seasonal rates may apply. Charges begin on the day you leave your Pet. You understand that you will remain liable for all Charges incurred during your Pet’s stay, and CHPR reserves the right to collect any unpaid balance.
8. Reservations. Reservations are accepted, but not guaranteed, without verification of CHPR requirements.
9. Cancellations. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so at least (2) days prior to your arrival date. CHPR reserves the right to charge late cancellation fees.
10. Communicable Diseases. All Pets coming into CHPR are required to be vaccinated. It is still possible for a Pet to become ill, even if vaccinated. You understand this risk and agree that CHPR and CHAH are not liable for any illness or expense related to illness suffered by your pet during or after its stay, including but not limited to Tracheobronchitis (Kennel Cough) or H3N8 and H3N2 (Canine Influenza).
11. Pets not picked up on Departure Date. If your Pet is not picked up at the agreed upon time, you hereby authorize us to continue to provide the services as set forth in this Agreement at your expense. If CHPR determines, at its sole discretion, that an extension of services is required, payment in full may be required prior to extending such services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if your Pet is deemed abandoned under local, state, or federal laws or regulations, or in CHPR discretion as permitted by law.
12. Abandoned Dogs. No Pets may be left after the scheduled pick up time without communication from you. According to the statutory abandonment provisions (Sections 1834.5 and 1834.6 of the Civil Code), if an animal is not picked up within 14 days after it was due to be picked up, the animal is considered to be abandoned. YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF YOU ABANDON YOUR DOG AT CHPR AND/OR CHAH, YOU MAY BE UNABLE TO RETRIEVE POSSESSION OF YOUR DOG AND WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE AGAINST CHPR AND CHAH.
13. Emergencies. In an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact you or your Emergency Contact to retrieve your Pet. You agree that CHPR, at its sole discretion, is authorized to transport, and/or to make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for your Pet until you or your Emergency Contact can retrieve the Pet. You understand it may not always be possible to safely evacuate your Pet.
14. Sole Ownership. You represent to us that you are the owner of the Pet and that you are fully authorized to enter into this Agreement. All of the information about you and your Pet in this Agreement is true, accurate and complete. In a custody dispute, we will exercise reasonable judgment based on the known facts and we may, in our sole discretion, require proof of ownership, a written property settlement agreement or court decree.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, from and against all loss, damage or expense, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from misrepresentations by you or your representatives or resulting from your Pet’s stay including, without limitation, any person claiming to be the owner of your Pet and any person claiming damage or injury by your Pet.
15. Definitions. The terms used throughout this Agreement, whether capitalized or not, and in either the singular or plural form, shall mean as follows: “We,” “Us,” “CHPR” and “Daycare” means Chino Hills Pet Resort. “You” and “your” shall mean the Pet Owner(s) signing this Agreement. “Pet” shall mean the dog(s) and cat(s) staying at CHPR and/or CHAH and “your Pet” shall refer to the Pet(s) designated by the Pet Owner in this Agreement.
16. WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO EXPRESSLY AND FOREVER GENERALLY WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, INDEMNIFY, RELEASE FROM LIABILITY, SAVE, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND CBW, their invitees, owners, officers, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers, agents, representatives, lessors, and all others having an interest in any CHPR party (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against ANY AND ALL INJURY, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, LITIGATION, ACTIONS, SUITS, COSTS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, EXPENSES OR DEMANDS OF EVERY CHARACTER WHATSOEVER on account of, arising out of, resulting from or relating in any way to (i) any act or omission of the Releasees, (ii) your Pet’s participation at any Daycare, Boarding services, or otherwise. YOU AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE IS BINDING ON YOU AND YOUR SUCCESSORS, HEIRS, LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ASSIGNS. YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY AND FOREVER RELEASE CHPR FROM ANY DUTY TO PROTECT YOU OR YOUR PET FROM INJURY OF ANY KIND, AND AGREE THAT ANY IMPLEMENTION OF SAFETY PRECAUTIONS BY CHPR WILL NOT WAIVE CHPR’S RIGHT TO BE INDEMNIFIED AS PROVIDED HEREUNDER, AND SUCH PRECAUTIONS WILL NOT ALTER THIS RELEASE.
You have read this entire Agreement, you have had the opportunity to discuss it with us to your satisfaction, and you agree to its terms.